NOTICE OF VACANT DAYTON INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT BOARD OF EDUCATION SEAT
The Kentucky Commissioner of Education is seeking applicants to be considered for appointment to the Dayton Independent Schools Board of Education. You are invited to nominate yourself or someone you know who is qualified to serve on the Dayton Independent Schools Board of Education representing the district at large.
Under the provisions of KRS 160.190(2) this appointment is effective until the November 2019 regular election.
This is a public service position and the person appointed will not be employed by the Dayton Independent Schools.
Board members must be:
- Developing policy that governs the operation of schools.
- Providing visionary leadership that establishes long-range plans and programs for the district
- Hiring the district superintendent and issuing annual evaluation reports
- Setting local tax rates and practicing vigorous stewardship to ensure that all school district funds are spent wisely
Applications must be postmarked by Monday, January 14, 2019.
Interviews will be scheduled approximately 10-20 working days after this mail date. All qualified applications received by the date stated above will be considered.
Application forms for this position are available from:
- Dayton Independent Schools Board of Education Office at 200 Clay Street, Dayton, Kentucky 41074
- The Kentucky Department of Education (502) 564-4474 or KDE website: http://education.ky.gov/districts/legal/pages/default.aspx
All applications must be mailed directly to: Kentucky Department of Education Commissioner of Education
300 Sower Blvd. 5th Floor
Frankfort, Kentucky 40601
The Kentucky Department of Education does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in employment or the provision of services.