At this point in time, it appears that we have seen our staffing numbers recover from the recent Covid-19 Omicron surge. We have determined that our anticipated staffing levels WILL allow for a return to in-person instruction on Wednesday, January 19.
I greatly appreciate your patience and understanding as we will have taken a 12 day pause to in-person instruction. We are excited about our return to in-person instruction and appreciate your efforts to keep our students safe.
Here are few Healthy at School reminders:
If you are sick, stay home. Symptoms of COVID-19 are...
- Fever (>100.4⁰F) or feeling feverish (e.g., chills, sweating)
- New cough
- Runny nose/congestion
- Difficulty breathing
- Sore throat
- Muscle aches or body aches
- Vomiting or diarrhea
- New loss of taste or smell
Persons who test positive for COVID-19
If symptomatic: Isolate for at least 5 full days from the day that their symptoms started if they are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19. The first day of symptoms is considered day 0. The individual may return to school after 5 days when their symptoms are fully resolved or after 10 days even if they have lingering symptoms.
If experiencing no symptoms: 5 full days from the date of testing if they have never developed symptoms. The day of testing is considered day 0. The individual must continue to wear a well-fitting mask for 10 full days at all times when around others indoors. If the individual is unable to wear a mask properly and consistently in indoor school settings, they should self-isolate from school for 10 full days. If the individual develops symptoms of COVID-19, they should follow the above isolation guidance for someone with symptoms. At-home COVID-19 tests ARE NOT considered valid to return to school/work.
If you are a close contact (you have been with that person for 15 minutes or longer) to someone who tests positive for COVID-19, you MUST QUARANTINE if:
- You have not completed your primary COVID-19 vaccine series more than 14 days before exposure
- You are 18 years of age or older and have not completed your COVID-19 vaccination series including the Booster
Quarantine may be discontinued after day 5 if the individual is
1) symptom-free and;
2) receives a negative COVID-19 test on day 5 or later after the last date of exposure to the case and;
3) Is able to wear a well-fitting mask indoors and in public settings for 10 full days from the last exposure; or o After day 10 if the individual is symptom-free and does not receive COVID-19 testing. Individuals who cannot wear a well-fitting mask consistently and properly should quarantine for the full 10 days.